Apple Flan with Cardamom and Raspberry Coulis
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Serves: 4 people
Difficulty : Difficult
- 500g apples
- 50cl apple juice
- One tablespoon of agar
- Three cardamom seeds
- Grenadine syrup French Pomegranate Teisseire Concentrated Syrup
- Almonds for decoration
Ingredients for the coulis
- 250g of raspberries
- 10 ounces of water
- 10cl of sugar
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 half teaspoon of agar (you can find it at an Asian grocery)
Preparation for Flan:
- Peel, core and cut apples into pieces.
- Place in a saucepan with the apple juice, cardamom, grenadine syrup and agar.
- Don’t use too much agar or the flan is going to get hard and gross.
- You can use gelatin sheets if you have to for this step.
- Stir and bring to a boil until your apples are nice and soft.
- Mix and pour into small flan molds.
- Allow to cool before putting them in the fridge.
Preparation for Raspberry Sauce:
- Heat your raspberries with a soup spoon in water for 3 minutes.
- Then pour through a sieve.
- Crush all the fruit and collect the juice.
- Bring the water and sugar mixture agar to a boil for 3 minutes; combine syrup obtained with raspberry juice and lemon juice; pour it into a bottle and place in your refrigerator once it’s cooled.
Preparation for Dressage (decoration):
- To serve, unmold your flans on to a small plate.
- Pour the raspberry sauce around it, arrange a few sliced almonds toasted right before you’re ready to serve.