Brown Biscuit with Vanilla Custard
- 375 g of mashed chestnuts (unsweetened)
- 100 g sugar
- 50 g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
Ingredients for the custard
- 25 cl of milk
- 2 yolks eggs
- 40 g vanilla sugar
- Melt our sugar in a saucepan until it caramelizes.
- Turn off the heat and pour in half one glass of water to dilute it and set it aside.
- In another saucepan you’ll want to heat your chestnut puree, then add 200g of sugar, butter and vanilla sugar each.
- Gradually pour the puree on the caramelized mixture from the first step.
- Now whisk the mixture to get a smooth beautiful cream.
- Butter a mold and pour mixture in, refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Alternative, use French Chestnut Jam Vanilla instead.
- Now create a vanilla custard with egg yolks and vanilla sugar in a saucepan.
- Allow to thicken over low heat stirring constantly until the cream coast the back of a spoon.
- Alternative, use our instant French custard mix from Alsa instead!
- Remove Chestnut Biscuits from the molds and serve with the vanilla custard.