- 50 beautiful chestnuts or 1 jar of French Chestnut Jam Vanilla
- 250g of powdered sugar
- 5 large fresh eggs
- 1 pinch of vanilla sugar
- 200g butter
- Chantilly Cream
- If you’re using whole chestnuts, cook them carefully covered for 25 to 30 minutes in half a liter of boiling water.
- Remove them from the water with a strainer 3-4 chestnuts at a time.
- Mash them up into a chestnut puree.
- Mix up a puree with a wooden spoon with your sugar, 5 egg yolks, vanilla sugar, and 200g of buttercream.
- Whisk your egg whites until stiff and then mix thoroughly in your French Chestnut Jam Vanilla or chestnut puree that you made in the first step.
- Let the mix rest for a couple minutes.
- Pour into a 1.5L charlotte mold that’s been buttered.
- Bake in an oven at 180C for 30 minutes.
- Once cool remove from mold, cover in whipped cream and serve.